Tuesday 26 August 2014

Wk 34 Blooms - Digi Choosday craft challenge

Happy Choosday everyone!

Before we get onto the challenge we have something to share with you. Do you remember the beautiful PrettySweet CD? Well, Nikky has fallen in love with it all over again and re-mastered and brought up to date the images from the collection, and they are now available to buy as Digi Downloads. You can find them all here. We are sure you are going to love them as much as we do!

Now, before we get to the challenge you MUST head over to the Polkadoodles blog this week for some really exciting news - the link is at the bottom of this post! 

Now onto the challenge. This week for the DT and you the theme we have set is

Blooms

So we would like to see lots of flowers on your projects, whether they are the main focus or added embellies.
To enter the challenge you can make anything you like, from a card to a home décor item and anything in between.
You have until 9th September to enter and the winner will be announced on 16th September, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the theme and the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.
The winner will receive 3 free digi images from the (Digi Store)
You can view the winners from last time at the end of this post....

Let's see what the team have for us! 

Anjie - On my card this week the image is a old one from the Pretty Sweet CD remastered and brought up to date by Nikky Hall. You can now buy Amelia with Basket as a digi download here. The papers are from the CD. The image is coloured with my Graph'It Markers . The roses are made from the same papers. The dies I have used are from Sizzix. I have used a distress ink around the edges of the papers and added a black ink line.


Scatty Jan For my card this week I have used the lovely digi stamp Georgia Flowers you can find her in the Etsy store here, she is so pretty and a dream to colour up - I have coloured using Graph'It Markers. The Paper and the background , flower pot and flowers are all from the fantastic Bonbon Belles Cd which I love and use loads xx



Crafting Vicky For this card I decided to let the blooms take over!  And kept it super CAS!!!!  Quite a big change for me.  The image that I used is from Candy Doodles Collector's Edition.  I used the image called Daisy Patch blue.  I just stamped a little French sentiment and added some bling and that's IT!



Julie - For my side step card this week I have used the lovely florist digi stamp which is available in Polkadoodles Digiworld store - Its also available on the Work and Play 2 full collection download as well as on the Work and Play 2 CD.The gorgeous rose paper I have used is from the Pretty Sweet mini collection CD and the sentiment can also be be found on the same CD


Yvonne - For this weeks challenge I was going to focus only on flowers but then Nikky updated the girls from the 'Pretty Sweet' Collection......and there was just not way I could avoid using 'Amelia with Basket' which you can get on the CD Collection and she is also available as a single image in the Digiworld Downloadable section of the Polkadoodles Store.  I coloured her with my Graph'It Markers.  I cut the image out with a Tattered Lace die and used 'Tint of Ultramarine' pan pastels to soften the edges.  The larger backing paper is from the Kath Bundle digi download and the forefront paper is part of the 'Pretty Sweet Collection'. The sentiment is also from the 'Pretty Sweet' Collection.  The flowers and butterfly that I have used are from the 'Flowers & Leaves'  Download Bundle.



Wendy - Flowers, flowers everywhere! This week I have themed my card for a man . I've used the Gardener from Work & Play 2, as is the brick backing paper, which is made to look like a shed and the flowers are from there too. The image is coloured with Graph'Its.


Patty i used the digi girl from Candy Doodles to make this lovely card...all papers are left over from differents PD collection like Cherryblossom Lane and Sugar Birdies. I use the negative side of i cut out to portrait Nelly and added the yellow flower with some purple doodle dewdrops and the fuschia lace on top to accent the whole card...what do you think?


Fabulous makes as always!

Winners from week 31 Shabby Chic...

The winner chosen at random is:

#4 Julie P 

please email us HERE quoting DCwk34001wk31 to claim your prize of a 3 free digis.



 And the top 3 chosen by the design team are:



# 4 Julie P


Well done everyone go grab your badges from the side bar. 

Don't forget to now hop on over to the Polkadoodles blog for the exciting news!


See you next week!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx